Wondering how to clean garbage from your site left behind by plugins and themes? If yes, then you better stick with this page. There are often times when we want to reset our WordPress website
Wondering how to clean garbage from your site left behind by plugins and themes? If yes, then you better stick with this page.
There are often times when we want to reset our WordPress website and rebuilt our website. And we can simply do so by reinstalling WordPress. But wait, that will take a hell lot of time.
Instead, you can simply delete all your plugins, themes and content. But now you will say that this will take more time too. And I would agree on this with you. But let me tell you this process is much more easier compared to reinstalling WordPress if you use the right tool.
You can easily clean up your WordPress website by resetting your WordPress database. However, to make you understand in a better we will be talking about how to clean garbage from your site left behind by plugins and themes.
How to clean garbage from your site left behind by plugins and themes?
One of the easiest ways to clean garbage from your site left behind by plugins and themes is to use the WP Reset plugin. However, now you must be wondering what this plugin is all about. Well to help you to understand in a better way, let me just talk about this WordPress Plugin:
What is WP Reset?
WP Reset is a simple to use plugin which will reset your WordPress database settings to the default installation pretty easily. It will reset the site’s database to the default installation values without modifying any files.
The plugin is capable of deleting all your websites customizations and content. Along with that, the plugin has lots of multiple fail safe mechanisms. So you can never lose your data accidentally. Even it also one of the extremely helpful plugins for the theme and plugin developers. The plugin helps in speeding up the testing and debugging process by providing a quick way to reset settings and re-test code. It was developed by developers for developers.
What Does It Delete?
- The plugin will delete all posts, pages, custom post types, comments, media entries, and users.
- It will delete all the default WordPress database &tables.
- All the custom database tables that have the same prefix table prefix as the one defined in wp-config.php and used by default tables will get deleted.
What It Will Not Delete Or Modify?
- All media files which you have deleted. The wp-uploads folder stays untouched but will no longer be listed under Media in the admin.
- It will not make any changes in plugins, themes, and uploads.
- It will not change or delete site title, WordPress address, site address, site language, and search engine visibility settings.
- The user that’s currently logged in will have the current username and password
So that was a quick introduction to the plugin. Now you must be wondering how to use the plugin to clean up all the garbage from your WordPress site, well here is an answer to that question:
How to clean garbage from your site left behind by plugins and themes – Step By Step Guide:
- At first, you have to install WP Reset plugin on your WordPress site.
- Once you are done installing the plugin, you have to tools and then WP Reset.
- After that you have to scroll down and you will find quite a lot of options.
- Simply do the settings according to your WordPress Resetrequirements and you are all done.
- In the end, type down reset in the text field and hit the reset button and you are good to go.
Along with that, if you want to edit your website’s .htacess file in an easy way. Then you can try out the wphtaccess plugin. This plugin will allow you to edit the .htaccess filed directly from your WordPress dashboard.
So that was all for your question that says How to clean garbage from your site left behind by plugins and themes. Overall, this plugin is free to use and super easy to get started with. What we’d like to say additionally is that it offers you quite a lot of features which will make your job much easier. So go ahead and have a look at the plugin and see how it is working for you. Also, if you have any more questions to ask then do feel free to comment below and I will surely help you out.
If you liked the free WordPress reset plugin, we suggest that you also check other plugins from this developer like UnderConstructionPage, Google Maps Widget, Coming Soon & Maintenance Mode as well as Security Ninja.