Have you ever known someone who has an amazing-looking dining room but never uses it? It may look nice, but it’s really a huge waste of a good room. To get the most of all
Have you ever known someone who has an amazing-looking dining room but never uses it? It may look nice, but it’s really a huge waste of a good room. To get the most of all the spaces in your house, it’s much better to choose a dining room set that’s right for the life you want to live in it.
Tips for Choosing the Table
You’ll probably know right away if you like the look of the dining table. Also think about these important factors:
Measure your room in each direction, subtract six feet from each measurement, and you’ll know how much space you have for a dining table.
A 48-inch-long table typically seats four, but to seat up to six, you need a table that’s at least 60 inches, and for eight, you need one that’s at least 78 inches.
A rectangular table offers the most seating space per size.
Make sure the table legs, pedestal, or trestle below doesn’t take up so much room that it cuts down on seating space. A table with legs at the corners or thinner legs gives the most space below.
Solid woods like teak and pine are the most durable and easiest to repair.
Wood veneer is great as a less expensive alternative, but make sure it’s made of high-quality materials.
Glass tabletops create the illusion of spaciousness.
What about Dining Chairs?
The dining chairs are where lifestyle is a crucial element. 1StopBedrooms has many different styles and types of chairs for your dining area. Choose chairs that suit your personal style, of course. The chairs also need to accommodate both your room and your individual dining habits.
- Choose cushioned dining chairs if comfort is most important to you.
- Chairs that come with a dining set are designed to fit the table in form and function.
- If you need extra chairs and have a small dining room, choose chairs that you can use in other rooms when they aren’t needed.
- If you use your dining room for entertaining important guests, choose chairs that are elegant in design.
- Dining benches are great for extra guests.
Add the Right Extras
Along with the table and chairs, you might like other furniture items to complete the look and add other uses in the dining room.
• Adding a server or buffet gives you additional space to store extra dishes and cutlery as well as a place to lay out potluck dinners and brunch buffets.
• A china cabinet is great for displaying beautiful china, stemware, and other glass objects. It should also have at least one space with a solid door to protect your most delicate items. It’s best to buy from a company that offers delivery to make sure items with glass parts arrive safely.
• If you have a large dining area, you can also add a curio or display to showcase your favorite keepsakes, tea and coffee sets, and unusual glasswear.
• Dark woods and beveled glass add the most elegance, while distressed wood works well with a country theme.
Choosing the right dining room furniture may not be as easy as opening a web page and picking the first set that catches your eye. Still, if you consider all the features and uses of each item, you’ll be rewarded with a dining room that you’ll enjoy using and showing off to guests.